Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ahh, How I Remember!



So I have so many statistics to share with you all but I think I would rather share this picture instead...


The reason I want to share this picture and the story behind it is so when you start to read about the stats I would like to share over the next two weeks my hope is you will remember this...

It was a long day we were at the park myself my two kids and some family it was great and my son was so tried he could not stay awake after eating! He just put his head down and he was out, aren't they just angels when they are sleeping?   

I was looking at this picture and it made me think about all the trails and tribulations we went through as a family. I also got to thinking about all the statistics that is out there about single parent families which is why I wanted to create this blog and community. Because of the stats that we read regarding how many single parents are other there, how x amount kids will not finish high school or how x amount of kids will end up in gangs and so on and son! It's heart breaking to read these numbers. The thing is I don't want people to read statistics and think "wow, this is horrible..."

You see it was tough and yes I was the "good cop" and the "bad cop" and there were times my son and I would just be so mad at one another we wanted to run! However, even when the situations were at it's worst I always loved him and some where between the stares and the "I hate you" from him to I , I would tell him that no matter what I loved him. There were times we would get really mad at each other and I mean really mad but he knew that even though I was mad at him that I would not leave him or send him away. And, I knew that some how we would get through it! Coming back to the picture - I can remember how he did not want to go, he was upset, he did not want to do a lot of walking and he just did not want to go but of course he did (he had no choice). In the end he had so much fun with his uncle John and with all of us so much so he was all worn out and that is why he fell asleep on his dinner plate.     

Flash forward to this past Sunday - I receive a text from my son and it said "Hi mom! How are you?" "Miss you!" That one text reminded me of how crazy our days can be and I wonder at times if I will ever get everything done. Just like I did when it was just me and my kids... would I get to day care on time, will I ever get dinner on the table, will we get homework done, ect... and yet just like back then it always has a way of working out and it always will! 

So being a single parent was tough "yes" but it was so rewarding and to see my two kids grow and to see them now and be as proud of them as I am makes my heart so big and so happy! And, they both do little things like this off and on throughout the years, we are still so very close and I imagine we always will be!  

And, so it goes...













No comments:

Post a Comment