Monday, July 2, 2012

Statistics Are Nothing More Then Numbers!


So the picture below is my son, we had been out at the park all day then went out to dinner (which was a double treat that day). He was so tired he could barely stay awake long enough to eat his dinner, his head barely missed his plate. Aren't they just angels when they are sleeping? 



This picture made me remember about all the trials and tribulations my one parent family went through and all the statistics we read about regarding one parent families that are not what I would say positive. In fact it is heart breaking to look at all the statistics out there. The thing is I don't want individuals to be thinking wow this is horrible or if you are a single parent for you to think this means your kids will not amount to much. You ask me 
we concentrate way to much on the negative side of everything! I would like to give you information on the good side or the lighter side of being a one parent family! 

And, I will start with this picture:
I won't lie there were times when it was really tough and always knowing I had to be the good cop and the bad cop all rolled into one could have driven me crazy! There were times my son and I would be so mad at one another we could barely speak more less look at each other. However, even when situations were at it's worse I always loved him and I always told him "I might be mad at you but I still love you and I know you are a good a good kid!" Yes, there were times where we were really mad at each other but he always knew that I was not leaving nor sending him away and I knew we would some how get through it. So, it's pictures like this that make me smile and remember how on that very day he did not want to go to the park, he did not want to walk all over and he just did not want to go. But of course he had no choice but to go and in the end he had so much fun he almost never stopped which is why he fell asleep right after eating. 

Back to today: on a Saturday afternoon a week ago, my son sent me a text and it said “Hi mom! How are you? I Miss you. How have you been?” That text put such a smile on my face and then I got to thinking... back in the day when my son and daughter were growing up we had our really bad days but we also had great days as well. Back then I use think how will this all work out, how will I find the money to buy what's needed, how will I be able to raise my kids to be strong? But in the end it all worked out my kids are strong and they are loving individuals that I am so proud of! There are still times now that I wonder will this or that work out for me then I remember when it was just me and my kids and just like back then it always worked out! 

So being a single parent was tough “yes” but it was also so rewarding to see my two kids grow up and to see them as they are now and be so proud of them makes my heart so big and so happy. And, to this day though they are both grown they both do little things like sending a text or giving me a call to just say I love you or miss you, we are still as close with each other now as we were then and I imagine we always will be! 



I guess, I just wanted to share that being a one parent family is not all bad!


Remember this post when you start reading more of my blogs that have some pretty hefty stats that are not so nice! 

And, so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment