Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Here Are The Statistics Part 1 of 2



Wow, I'm really embarrassed it has been way too long since I last made a post, sorry! I did mention in my last post that I was going to post some statistics. It seems that everyone is looking for stats but as I mentioned in my last post statistics are nothing more then numbers and graphs. I will put some stats here and let you process the stats and then I hope I can hear from some of you leave a comment (if you do please make sure you click on publish or else no one will ever see your comment not even me!).

This coming Thursday (the 19th of July) I shall come back and give you more stats! Next week on Tuesday, July 24th I will give you my thoughts on the numbers I have posted today and for Thursday the 19th of July. 


4 sets of statistics are listed below: 


1.

2.
In the U.S. there are 13.6 million single parents and they are responsible for raising 21.8 million children, the U.S. Census 2009 says this is so. Did you catch these numbers are from 2009? You can break this number down this way... 1 out of every 4th child comes from a one-parent family!

3.

79.5% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed.
90% of Custodial single fathers are gainfully employed
U.S. Census 2009

4.
Single father homes are the fastest growing type of family situation; the amount of single fathers has grown by 60% in the last ten years alone (www.usalegalcare.com)!

OK, so you may have known these statistics and you may not have till now either way they are out there for anyone to find including our kids! 

Take some time read these numbers, take them in and if you are compelled leave a comment or two or wait till Thursday and then comment on all the different numbers. Let me know what you think or what they mean to you!.

And, so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment