Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Vacation Ideas, Again!



OK, I believe there are still a few more ideas I left out on this subject...

A good friend of mine told a story about how she received help with her daughter during summer break. She use to go hit a bucket of balls at the local golf course with her daughter and she ended up asking the owner (who she got to know really well) of the shop if her daughter could hang out and help out with the shop. It worked out real well for her, hmm, maybe I can get her to post her story she can tell it much better then I, I'm sure there was more to the story.

Another idea... when my son was still very young he was not even in school yet I got a job in the afternoons at a daycare center and I was able to put him in the afternoon class for free (just an idea). It was a win, win situation I got to work and my son got to attend preschool!

Next... The YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, local after school programs at your children's school and City; these are  great ideas because they will work with you and your financial situation but you will have to speak up and ask! I did and was able to get my son into the afternoon program at the YMCA after school for two summers. For three summers I was able to get them into the city's summer day camp for less (I think I mentioned this one before).

Again if you have an idea or tell us what you did or do with your children during the summer tell us about it.

Lastly if you have smaller kids and the worry is not so much day care because you work from home or are attending school and need to get some work or homework done. Then you need to find a neighborhood place for moms/dads and their children where you get to do your work and your kids get to have fun while be supervised down stairs! FYI if you live on the west side of Los Angeles check out...
  
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/373043_239788496073090_2082453781_n.jpg

They are located at: 2279 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 
Phone: (310) 441-0797 
This is a great place and the owner is awesome!

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

And, so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment