Monday, October 8, 2012

We Need A Team!


This is an amazing quote that speaks to businesses and yes, to families!


Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success
Henry Ford

As the description of my blog states this is all about following me/us as we move this thought, this dream into a thriving business! The business is all about single parenting and their family which is a one parent family here is our description:

We are an online membership community that provides resources and a support system for one-parent (single parent) families. Through empowerment that will give one-parent families the knowledge and the feel that they have the same social connections and resources as parents from two-parent families in order to raise happy and vibrant children on their own!

I started out with this great idea and I tried to do this alone and found that it was almost impossible to get it done. However, I learned as an amazing women told a group of us that “no one absolutely no one does it alone, that no matter what we are doing we should all recognize that we need help!” that women is Nell Merlino from Count Me In.

Working with an awesome group like Count Me In http://www.countmein.org/ and winning a spot with this amazing program “Business Accelerator” with People Biz http://www.peoplebizinc.com/ has been an amazing journey! Funny thing is I am only at the start!

I am learning things that I wish I had learned which would have helped me with the insurance business I have been doing for the past 13 years! But it is never too late to learn and so I am really working on growing and getting Parenting On Your Own off the ground. I now have a group of different people helping me out who also sees how amazing this community will be to thousands of one parent families! My web developer is getting to work and is listening to what my vision is and yet is not afraid to give input! I also have a webmaster that is currently helping to get this business running since at this time there is no website up and running for her to oversee. She has stepped up and offered ideas as well as point out things that are good and things that need some work. It is so great to have someone else who is getting what this community is about and is going with it and she’s pushing the envelop, “Thank You” Acacia!!

We have lots to do before we launch our wonderful and much needed site! But together with all the help we have it will get done!

Yesterday I was with my daughter at the Abbot Kinney Festival she had a booth there to sell her hand crafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MoureDesigns?ref=search_shop_redirect I’m proud of her for following her dreams and goals. She had to make some adjustments to what she is doing but she is still going after what she wants. She has also taken on a team of sorts without realizing it… A teacher - she took a class to learn how to take her designs from paper and turn them into a model then into a gorgeous silver finished product she can sell. A friend who helped her take everything to the festival and to make sure she was all set-up and ready to sell. More friends - who come by during the day to help her out with other things needed throughout the day. Her brother, her aunt and I came at the end of the day to help her close shop and her boyfriend who came to pick her and her things to take her home. Without realizing she had a great Team of people who supported her and assisted her and reach her success at the end of the day! She send me a text last night that said "Thank you and how without our help it would have taken her forever".

Yup, Team Work that’s what it takes and that is how I am going to take this blog and grow a community of one parent families who will all be working together to raise happy and vibrant children! We all need a team to help us succeed!

To continue growing this business I need the help of all of you as well! Please go here to:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParentingOnYourOwn help us be part of the Team by taking this survey and/or passing this link to single parents that you know!

Let's all work together to help create this awesome community to help single parents everywhere be able to feel that yes they do have access to the help and support they need! Let's help change the stats and the out look of single parent families!

And, so it goes...   


No comments:

Post a Comment