Thursday, October 4, 2012

Three Little Kids Talking About Their Future...


I spent the day with my mother yesterday, my father went in for a pacemaker (he is doing well) and after a long day it was time to let my father sleep and for us to get some rest as well. My mother was spending the night with my sister and I and as we were driving she shared a story that I had not heard before. About how one of her brothers and one of her sisters along with herself would sit down together to tell each other what their dreams for the future were. They did this regularly and they would describe exactly what they wanted, they were specific. If you look at what they asked for and what they ended up with they received what they wanted. My mother said this is why she always told us to dream big and to believe in our dreams and was glad that I always did the same thing with my kids. My mother, aunt and uncle were practicing the law of attraction (or as my mother would say practicing their faith) without even knowing what they were doing.


I think that it’s pretty cool to hear how my mom as a kid along with my aunt and uncle shaped their future. As part of the post from the other day we need to look out for ourselves but not to forget others that are around us. My mother was clear that they each took turns talking and no one laughed at what the other was saying.

We should try to understand that what we do and say to our kids does make a lasting impact on them. My mother telling us as kids to dream big and not be afraid of our dreams has always stayed with me. Why did it take so long for me to really hear this I am not sure maybe it was because what she said and what she did were not quite the same? I can sit back and wonder if I had continued to dream big and not be afraid to go after my dream would I have developed my this business I am doing just now years ago?  

I remember my mother telling us that we can be who ever we want to be and go where ever we want to go. I believe she was saying this because she wanted us to dream bigger then she did and to realize we had the entire world to go after. My mother is a pretty smart cookie. 

I love the idea of seeing my mom, an aunt and an uncle (as a children) sitting altogether and telling each other their plans for the future and then setting off to reach their dreams.


I look forward to posting more information on Friday about this post as well as from the quote I posted on Tuesday and how they both work with what Parenting On Your Own is all about.  

What are your plans for the future (it’s never too late) and how will you help your children or grandchildren go after their dreams and goals? Please feel free to leave a comment about this post or to leave your answer to the question.

You can also follow along on the daily post on our Fan/Business Page on FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/Parentingonyourown and before you know it will be time for our official launch of our website!

And, so it goes…  

No comments:

Post a Comment