Thursday, October 11, 2012

How Do You Walk A Thousand Miles?


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step… Chinese proverb


When I first started off on this journey of parenting on my own; after the separation and divorce I must admit I was scared. I could not find answers to all the questions in my head of “How do I…”  I searched and searched only to find negative answers or no answers. I looked online and I purchased magazines and books in hopes of finding answers that would help me see a bright future. I also got tired of looking everywhere, I wanted to just have one place that would provide all the info I needed and wanted!

I learned very quickly that I was going to have to pave my own road and design our future the way I wanted it to happen for myself and my children. Yes we hit bumps in the road but we figured it out after hitting our heads on the brick wall over and over again. That is what Parenting On Your Own.com is all about, where you come to our site to find answers and support and others who are going through the same thing. It will give you support and assistance via resources of all types!  .


 Now how else can this quote be tied into today’s post?
Looking back I had to figure out that my journey with my kids would be one of a thousand miles and that it all began with a single step. I had to learn not to be afraid of the future but to embrace it and take it one step at a time. The same goes with regards to the development of this online community. It will be built one step at a time in order to assure that it has everything a one parent family would want and need to help them raise a happy and vibrant family.  

Reminder:
Share this blog and please don’t forget to let everyone you that know of our casting call for pictures of their one parent family! If selected their family picture will be part of our website launch and will be highlighted!

Let’s get those cute family pictures sent in as soon as possible to amora@parentingonyourown.com You just never know your family or someone you know may be selected!!!

And, so it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment