Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Take The First Step!


I am so excited about seeing everything happening before my eyes to see how this business is moving forward and growing is exciting. My web developer is busy getting the new website completed and with the help from my awesome assistant we are moving forward with content!

I have a blogger who has submitting post to us (for the site not for this blog) and on Friday I met a wonderful writer / blogger. I am so excited about our meeting her and I'm looking forward to this Thursday (November 1st) to be the day I find out if we have an agreement. She has some awesome ideas and I know you will all want to tune in and read her inaugural article it will be awesome. Keep your fingers crossed that I will be announcing on Friday or Monday at the latest of who will be on board I will introduce her to everyone. We had such a connection so again I'm hoping she will come on board!

When I first started the plans for this business I had a lot of people tell me that it seemed to big and that there would be no way that I could ever get this business off the ground. I was told that with no money to really put into this business how in the world would I ever get anyone to come on board and help me create it. I had a lot of nay Sayers that is for sure.

I also had a lot of others who have told me wow, where have you been I needed you three years ago but I could still use some help. Then others who tell me I have a friend who just became a single parent they really need some help. Others who have said, I can't wait till you launch, my daughter could use your help and just yesterday I was told "You have a message which must be heard by everyone!"

I do not let anyone tell me what is not going to happen, I do not let anyone take away my vision, my dream and I know that all I need to do is keep my vision in front of me at all times! I also only need to see the first step just like the quote by Martin Luther King Jr.

I can't wait to give you more information just as to how Parenting on Your Own will be able to assist you whether you are a parent from a one parent family. Or maybe you are a parent from a two parent family but your spouse is gone due to work like the military or a truck drive and you find yourself Parenting on You Own!

As for money... well I continue working my other business as an independent insurance agent and I'm thrilled when we receive donations from individuals who believe in what we are doing to help us grow. I create the funds that we need just like I did when my kids were young. I use to make and sell cheese cakes (really good ones) to help obtain extra funds for school trips, and other things that my two children needed.If we needed extra money I made it happen and that is what I'm doing now to create this business, I will continue working my insurance business in order to continue building this business.

I thought raising two kids was tough well I'm learning that raising a business is the same. You have to believe in it and yourself that you can raise it the same way you have to do with raising your kids. When you are thinking should I have said that, should I have done that should I have been that tough? Well just like raising your kids don't second guess yourself and remember you have to believe and know that your kids are going to be great. You are going to get out and pull in support from your community, friends and family to make it happen. This is the same thing you do with a business!

What is it you are looking to do is it a new business, switching to a different career, help your child/children get into a certain college? Tell us what it is you are doing that is the first step! Speaking out loud is a must!

And, so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment