Friday, July 26, 2013

A Lil Bit About Business & A Lil Bit About Family


Wow and wow, so much has gone on since I last posted. I had to figure out how to move forward with the passing of my aunt, I thought I had it figured out but only fell backwards. However, I do understand that life does go on and she was all about life and she wanted to see me reach my success and that is what I'm holding on to and pushing myself out. I had been staying in and not doing a whole lot and there has been so many things going on with the cheesecake business
which means I really need to shake a leg (hey that's what she would say!). So once again I am dusting myself off and getting right back up and you know I am going to shake a leg!

I had this wonderful opportunity to do a cheesecake tasting with vegans and if Mama Cheesecake can pull it off and create a dynamite tasting vegan cheesecake it will be so worth it.  I have two recipes I am working with and making changes along the way giving it my spin in hopes to give it the original Mama Cheesecake taste. 

I am also working on the website and will have it completed by the end of this month as planned I am currently working on the menu. I could cut and paste my current menu onto the page but if I do that it will look like a cut & paste so instead I'm learning how to use a plugin to help me make it look professional! 

I was thinking back to when I was making cheesecakes when my kids were much younger and it's crazy that I am finding myself doing this baking thing. I somehow feel that we all sometimes have to go down one street only to find our way back to where we should have been, does that make sense? 

Have you ever found yourself running in one direction to get away from something only to find yourself right back where you were? For instance when I left the city I grew-up in I said "see ya later" I had no thought of ever returning for anything more then a visit! And, yet after my divorce guess where I ended up at? Yup, right back there but you know I truly feel it was for a reason so many things happened that has actually helped me to become who I am now and that's not a bad thing. In fact it is a very good thing and I am so excited about the future... I know there will be other ups and downs but I and all of us should always remember that there is always the up side of the down side, lol, it does sound funny but it is so true. We get so stuck in the down side we don't know how to get back up again and we find ourselves falling further down rather then up. We attract more and more things that makes us sad, mad and upset and we continue to feel like there is no way out. the good news is there is a way out! We just have to want it bad enough that we are willing to make some serious changes in our lives; though it's not easy it must be done to make the hand of fate move in the direction of positive happenings!!!

While raising my kids I had to always remember that and trust me there were days I just had no idea how it would turn out. I never thought I would end up turning my cheesecake recipe into a thriving business and yet that is what I have done. I really believe raising a family as a single parent or with two parents is so very similar to raising a new business from the ground up. There is so much to look after!!!

I told a friend today that I was all over the place... I was creating some new cheesecakes for a tasting on Friday with vegans and I'm hoping they like my vegan cheesecakes! I was working on this post for the blog as well as working on the website. I told her it reminded me of the days when I use to juggle work, parenting, and home front and yet I can say I still miss the those days of... mom, mom, mom come here or I have to have a new dress or how about I really need you to be on time to my performance! How did we ever stay sane? Oh yes, the same way I do it now - pull my hair out (not really, just joking!!), by having the faith and understanding that somehow it would all turn out. Yes having faith! 

And, so it goes or as my aunt would say... "Carry on" 

12 comments:

  1. this is a very important topic for many people I know, thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the vegan cheesecake. Sometimes you just don't know why something is happening until it's over and you look back. And, you're right, you may end up where you started only to move forward from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the Italian cheese cake yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once made cheesecakes from scratch, including making my own cheese! Did I say once. Yes, once. I love to bake, but that was really silly on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cheesecake...too bad you don't live close to me, I would take you up on a fresh homemade cheesecake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome - thanks for thinking of us single parents and wanting to share and help. By the way, you mentioned you had a website. What it is if you don't mind me asking. You can also post from there and have us like your page and comment on a post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. I was a single mom as well and they need all the help they can get. My beautiful daughters are now 26 & 23. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank god for your cheesecake its a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete