Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Who Are We? Do We Truly Know?

I was going to bed when I chose to take a quick peak at facebook and a friend had shared this video that was very moving about women and how they see themselves or how how they are. It was very moving and I could see why this would be huge for women to watch however, I would like to take it a step further...

How many of you out there think that you are just getting by? That this single parenting thing is really tough and you are not good at it? That your kids don't appreciate you and all that you do for them?

How many of you think that you must look a mess because of all the running around you do?

Well the truth is more then likely you don't really see yourself in the same light as others see you! Chances are your kids think your pretty darn amazing they just don't tell you all the time :)  Also think about how many times have you heard "Oh my God how do you do it all by yourself?"

We are a pretty amazing group of parents who give up on a lot to assure that our children have what they need and feel that they have just as great a family as Timmy down the street with two parents in the same household! Don't ever forget that single parents are pretty amazing and we are raising some pretty awesome kids or we have raised some pretty awesome kids!

Watch this short 3 minute video...


 
And, so it goes...

26 comments:

  1. You're doing a great service! There are so many single parents out there who could benefit from connecting with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I'm hoping for Loretta, please share my blog with any friends or family members who are single parents. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I like your work and what you stand for!
    Yvonne Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment. If you know any single parent families please forward my blog to them. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Your site is so beneficial to single parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and may I ask if you know any single parent families please pass my blog address to them http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  4. Great work and information keep it up.
    Felecia Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Encouragement comes from such positive comments as yours and others that I have received. If you know of any single parent families please send them to my blog:
      http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Marian, I always loved to read your blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dov, I appreciate your comment! Please pass the link to my blog to everyone you know especially any single parents you may know... http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com or

      Delete
  6. The best thing is to block out Hollywood's and those glossy magazines' idea of what beauty is and focus on how God sees us. "Fearfully and wonderfully made" in His own image! I would have described myself as the beautiful woman I know I am :-) And yes, my kids may not say it everyday, but they know how blessed they are, just as I am blessed to be their momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like it. Please pass my blog address to your friends and family http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Please share my blog address with friends and family they can share it with single parents they know. Or if you know any single parents pass on to them... http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Todd I was so moved by this video I had to share it ! When you have a chance please share my blog address:http://parentingoyo.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  10. I was a single mom since my daughter was 4. This video reminded me of how harsh we are on ourselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing. Great video, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just shared this with a great friend of mine who is looking for support.

    ReplyDelete