Sunday, April 14, 2013

Changes, changes...

Sometimes without you noticing or without you realizing things change, circumstances change and you find yourself asking questions. Like am I going in the right direction, should I scrap what I am doing, do I ask for help, should I seek advice from someone or do I just give up?

I'm at that point not about what Parenting on your own is about but how I have been trying to go about it. I saw a vision in my head of what I wanted to do which is to help redefine what the outcome is for one-parent families for both the parent and the children. My vision is when a parent or child seeks information they find great and positive information about one-parent families (single parent families). I know I wanted a blog to help me tell the story of how I did it I raised two wonderful children from the age of 3 and 7 and I am so proud of them and always have been. Sure some may say well of course your proud of them your their mom but really I am! They are the reason I am who I am! They are the reason I want to share and find others who will share with as many parents who find themselves parenting on their own so they can raise children who are not afraid to go out and make their mark on the world. Who will not look at their family and say "we are not a real family cause we are missing a dad or a mom! A parent who does not have to feel alone or who wants more for their life and their children's life but want to find a way to do this! This has been my dream, my goal to help make this happen so that all the trials and tribulations we went through were for not.

So NO, I am not scraping my idea just changing it, revising it instead of making a huge website and charging a fee I'm moving it all to right here a blog, blog that is accessible to all. Where I can and will have guest bloggers, interviews, and individuals who know they can make a difference!

I'm asking that for those of you who have been checking in from time to time don't give up on us because we are coming back bigger and stronger then ever! May 10th will be our roll out, this is when we will roll back the curtains and show you what we have.

I can't wait!  Now listen up if you have an issue or a topic that you would like to have discussed or researched done on the topic then leave a comment and if you would rather send it personally then send to our e-mail box mlopez@parentingonyourown.com. If you do not want to have your name shared let me know and it will not be add it into the post or to the discussion of the topic you request.

Have an awesome rest of the month though before the big roll out I will be back to do a few more post.

And, so it goes...    

30 comments:

  1. I applaud you for your courage to write about this topic! I am proud of you!

    Best,
    Yvonne Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, I appreciate your comment and I do hope you continue to follow my blog and see the exciting changes!

      Delete
  2. Its takes allot to do what you did! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert, so nice to have you stop by and take a read. You know I always say it was the hardest thing I did but it was also the most rewarding part of my life! Keep an eye out lots will be happening!

      Delete
  3. I did the single parent, sole custody thing for a lot of years. I was raising two daughters by myself whose mom was disconnected and not involved.

    It is THE hardest yet most rewarding thing I've ever done. This sort of community is so desperately needed. I only wish it was around back when I was flying solo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian, I'm so glad you stopped by and funny but your comment about the hardest and yet most rewarding is what I also say! I agree with you I wish I was around when I was also going through it back in the day! Kudos to you for taking on the job of raising your daughters, I always love to hear how a dad has stepped in and stepped up to the plate! And, even more cheers to you for raising two daughters, woot, woot! Hope you keep coming back! Thank you

      Delete
  4. It is support, and feeling that there are others that are going through the same thing. This is much more the case if you have additional challenges. You have an inspiring story to tell, and i knwo you will change the lives (and outlook) of many !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jana, this is what I'm hoping to do as I stated in the post! There are so many wonderful moms and dads out there doing just what I did and doing it well. Like two-parent families we had good times and not so good times and it's so important for other one-parent families to know this. It's also important for them to know they are not alone! Thank you for stopping by and I do hope you return!

      Delete
  5. This is a great thing you are doing! Parenting, let alone single parenting, is the most trying and rewarding job there is. It is great that you are offering support for others! Great job giving back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna, I do appreciate your comments and it is so true it is tough for both two-parent and one-parent families.

      Delete
  6. It is a great feeling knowing you can do it and that you did do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The challenges of being a single parent are great. The support you are providing by sharing your story and creating this community are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Support is the number 1 thing that single parents should be looking for to help them with their kids, home, and for themselves! Thank you for your great comment!

      Delete
  8. This is a great idea. There are so many who need the community, the friendship and the feeling of they are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, you hit the nail on the head! This is why I am doing this, thank you for your comment hope you are able to past my blog address to others!

      Delete
  9. Wow so many wonderful insights for all parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer for your comment. I so agree with you since the main point is as a one-parent or two-parent we all have similar situations to deal with.

      Delete
  10. Great blog as alway Maian.
    Keep blogging and posting your blogss.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing what you are doing Dov and giving me the opportunity to put my blog out there! Thank you also for your comment which is so important as you know.

      Delete
  11. Go for it! Rooting for you all the way... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes to you on this journey! Way to go!

    Yvonne Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne for your comment I will be stopping by your blog as well!

      Delete
  13. As a single parent for 14 years, let me tell you this: You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Tina, I love it! I shall be stopping by your blog as well! Hope you keep coming back.

      Delete
  14. There are so many one-parent families out there that I think it's more the norm than not anymore. It definitely does make things harder. It's great to have a resource to share information and ask questions. I would have loved that while raising my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true in regards to having resources and a place to share information and ask questions. This is the reason I am doing this for just that reason... I too wish I had this type of resource! Thank you for your comment, please feel free to pass my blog address on to others!

      Delete
  15. What exciting things you're up to! Can't wait to see what you roll out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I am so excited about everything and all the fun that will go along with it but lets just say lots of awesome information to share! Between now and May 10th I will continue to post different information. Check out my last post Who Are We? Do We Truly Know? there is an amazing video to watch! Go check it out! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete