Monday, December 16, 2013

We All Can Choose to Restart!





I’m sure almost all of us have gone through some sort of difficulty that at first made us feel like there was no way out, right?  Or that perhaps we could get out of it but we would never be the same again.  These are all so real thoughts and feelings and if possible I would wave my wand and keep bad things from happening to all of us (this is what I use to tell my kids when things would happen to them).  However, we also all know that it is by going through some of our toughest times that we grow the most.  It would not matter if the issue was health, finances, business,/work, a relationship and the list can go on.  Sometimes we are hit with more then one issue or incident at a time which can make us feel like it will never end. 

A good friend of mine up in Northern CA always says “Break downs bring break through” and I have shared this many of times.      

Something else I always have said is “I want to know that what I am going through right now is not for naught” “ I would like to know that some how I can be of assistance by sharing what I have gone through and my outcome in order to help someone else.  If I can make a difference in someone else’s life then it was worth it (so to speak); which is why I created this blog.  Maybe there is one thing someone will read that will help them make changes in their own life or in the life of their child/children.

So where am I going with all of this… I was approached to submit my info for a new web series - on.aol.com about women who are restarting their life after some pretty incredible issues.  I thought OK, why not maybe this will be my way to really helping others; that perhaps someone will watch and will be inspired to move forward to their successes.  Or perhaps they will be inspired to tell their story which could in turn help someone out.  

I truly believe we each have choices in our lives to make and these choices happen every day we can choose to move forward in a positive manner or we can choose to feeling lousy and being miserable with our lives.  We also should be thinking about the fact that what ever choice we make we are also teaching our kids to do the same thing.  I truly believe that is what always kept me from falling all the way to floor and not be able to get back up. Even as our kids grow into adults they are watching us!

Do we want our children growing up feeling like victims and allowing victimization to grow in their lives?  Well not me I wanted my kids to grow up being responsible for their actions and for them to always remember they have choices!  It really does not matter if our children are in a two-parent or one-parent family how they turn out is what they learn from the adults in their life.  As parents we are able to give them the guidance and tools they need to make good choices in their lives in order for them to know and understand that it is up to them to make their life as good as they want it to be!    

Unfortunately, there seems to be more bad then good highlighted in our news, on TV, and periodicals. We see and read about bad statistics, we are shown the ugliness of the world - instead of the good!  My intention has always been to show that there is good despite what is going on around us.  We will have to go out of our way to find it sometimes and we may have to have a vision that we never lose sight of but the good is there, I promise!
With all that said I would like to announce I was selected to be part of an amazing group of women who share their stories of falling but the show is not about falling to the ground but about how we all got back up and kept on going! How the word victim is not in our vocabulary and how despite things happening that were almost unbearable we all Restarted our lives!  I am honored and humbled to be one of the women being highlighted.

It is a new web series called The Restart Project.  Gwyneth Paltrow and fitness expert Tracy Anderson joined forces to bring this program to life and it is Produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions.  The Restart Project premieres December 16 (today) you can find it at on.aol.com.  I don’t know when my segment will run but it is well worth it to watch the entire series as it unfolds over the next several weeks the stories are amazing!  For those who do not know me by name I am Marian Lopez and now you will know who to watch out for on the series.

Here is the trailer for the show:

And, so it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment