Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Mother's Day Thoughts...

I had started a post once I got home from my relaxing Mother’s Day but was thrilled to have received the note from Alicia Marie to please post her as a guest blogger. So, my post is a bit past the date of Mother’s Day however, the thoughts are there and I did type this out on the 12th.


I look forward to sharing with you all another guest blogger coming up with in the next two weeks.

Enjoy the read…

May 12, 2013,

Today is Mother’s Day and we all went over to my daughter’s home for dinner. It was a late start as usual (why try to pretend we are early folks cause we are not) it was myself, my sister, my mother, my brother, father, one niece, as well as my son and daughter in-law. It was wonderful I did nothing but sit, watch TV, chat with the family and just enjoy the day.

They had some great gifts (which they did not need to do) for my mother and I as well as for my sister (they know she was always around for them). Both my mom and sister helped us out along the way as we did the single parent family thing. Despite telling them (my kids) that they do not need to buy gifts they do it anyway. It’s not the gifts but the time we all get to share with one another that is so very precious to me!

My son and daughter in-law gave me a book and they each wrote a loving dedication in it to me so sweet. My daughter gave me a cute card along with a gift certificate but it was what was written in the card and in the dedication in book that brought me to tears. As proud of me as they are I truly hope they know how proud of them I am! They both tell me they are who they are because of me and yet I am the women I am today because of them!

I was once asked how was I able to teach my kids to be such awesome adults and I thought about it and here is what I said…
I knew I had to be strong to teach them strength, I had to be fair (to a degree) to teach them fairness, I had to treat them with respect in order to receive it from them and I had to fall from time to time to show them that they will always be able to get back up no matter what happens to them!

You know this single parenting thing is/was a tough job but then parenting in general is a tough job, right?

Long live the three musketeers, who have grown and added to their tribe a wonderful daughter in-law and in the future a son in-law and who knows what else is in store for us..

And, so it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment