Thursday, February 14, 2013

Writers Block or Fear?



I would like to say I have not posted anything new because I had writers block, that I could not put ink to paper or fingers to keys :). I would like to say I just could not figure out what to write about but that’s a joke because if you ask anyone who knows me I never run out of things to say! And, the mere fact that this blog is all about how I raised two incredible children into two incredible adults as well as the trails and tribulations of building this amazing online membership community for one-parent families’ means I should never be out of words!

So then what was the real reason for my lack of posting?
I had been working on obtaining a partner who seemed excited about working with me in getting the business side of this blog up and running. He was going to help us move much faster then what we had been moving on. He had advised that he had the money to help us Launch sooner. However, I’m guessing this person is just busy with their own business and life and it is not their vision/dream. This means our partnership has taken a back seat and we have not made any attempts to solidify the partnership meaning there has not been any further discussion of financial support.

To be completely honest this made me feel as though I was in this alone and doing it on my own which in turn made me shut down a bit. Hey I’m only human J   

Then I thought... "Wait a minute" I can't be sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to validate that this is a business that is needed when I know first hand that it is! When I have e-mails, phone calls and surveys that tells me it is needed and that families are out there waiting for it to happen. I allowed myself to get lost and feel the fear of building a business. I was allowing the fear of "how am I going to do this" get to me but I woke up! Last night at a business academy class we had a speaker her name is Deborah Peters and she gave me the ole one-two punch! She reminded me that “if it is to be, it is up to me”

Would it be easier to find someone who has money to give, who sees the same vision as I do and help us move at a faster pace? Well of course the answer is YES but as a Peak Performer who goes after their dream, their vision they wait for no one and they figure it out. My word for the day, the week, the month is Collaboration! That is how I started this and that is how I’m going to get this business off the ground!

I have met so many wonderful individuals who get excited when they hear about the site and what we have done so far. I can’t begin to tell you how many connections I have obtained from individuals who just want to help! Even during this short period of time when I was going through my lack of faith period I never gave up entirely. I attended events, jumped on conference calls, was a guest on a local TV show (you can see it here http://youtu.be/qFQ4O30Jnf8) and I spoke about “Parenting on your own” and as I mentioned I did obtain some pretty amazing contacts!

So now it is time to get back up dust myself off and get back to work… You see I was never on my own and I just gave into that fear that made me feel as though I was.

I truly believe and know that this business will be of great service to One-Parent Families every where! The sooner we get this business up and running the sooner we can begin to redefine what type of outcomes a one-parent family can expect to see from their children and from their own lives as the parent of a one-parent family!

I would also like to announce besides getting this site up and running we are obtaining the information regarding the building of a non-profit sector to this business. The non-profit sector will address education and housing for single parents and their families we will especially be working with teen moms to help them understand that the cycle of life can be changed. We will also be open to assisting single moms & dads who are parenting on their own and need extra assistance. Of course we have a lot of research and planning to do this and most likely will not launch till after we get the website up and running, though you just never know! If there is anyone out there who knows all about building a non-profit speak up and contact us at inquiries@parentingonyourown.com or leave us a response here on the blog with your name and e-mail address.  

We are working once again with urgency in order to have a Launch date mid to late April, which means no more days of fear! We shall be working right on through any new fears that may arise because I will not forget that “if it is to be, it is up to me” with a little help from my friends course!

So excited to see this moving once again!

I will be posting again in two days about a lovely story regarding my daughter, some earrings and love! Hmmm, maybe I should have considered posting that story today since it is Valentine’s Day. However I feel that what I wrote today was from my heart and it is a gift I give to each of you who read this today. The gift is… sharing with you that fear is nothing more then a situation and any situation can be dealt with if we chose to. We need to walk through the fear and know that we are never really alone or doing it on our own because there are so many wonderful people out there just waiting to help. We just need to allow ourselves to be open, be ready to accept help and to walk through the fear! So if you are dealing with something that is blocking you from getting what you want… change your thought, make a paradigm shift in your mind and walk through the fear!

What has stopped you from moving forward with what you want?

What fear have you been holding onto that has turned into a story?

Or how were you able to push through the fear or the block and move forward?

Share with us your story we would all love to hear how you walked through your fears. Or if you need a little extra help to overcome your fear leave us a note at inquiries@parentingonyourown.com     

I am so excited to be back in the game and I will continue to play as a Peak Performer because I know how much “Parenting on your own” will assist one-parent families that want help and are looking for help!  

By the way we are working on Plan B in terms of financing and it’s pretty exciting!

And, so it goes…


No comments:

Post a Comment